Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

Re: FT-sheilds

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:18:24 +0200
Subject: Re: FT-sheilds

BIF wrote:

>What`s bugging me is the mass used for sheilds. A level 1 sheild is 5%
>mass of the mounting ship, a level 2 10%. If a ship masses 90 mass, a
>level 1 sheild is 5 mass, a level 2 9 mass. What is bugging me is that
>wouldn`t twice the sheild have twice the mass? (IE, work out the sheild
as
>5% ship mass times 2 instead of 10%?).

But the level-1 screen *isn't* 5 Mass - it is only 5% of 90 = 4.5 Mass.

The only reason why it *seems* to be "5" Mass is that FT doesn't deal in

fractional Mass points so you have to round it to the nearest integer...

/Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break