Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: FT-sheilds

Re: (FT,SG) News Break

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:18:11 +0100
Subject: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 05:09:24PM -0500, Allan Goodall wrote:

>Hey, don't knock yourself! Even if it's not your area of expertise,
asking
>questions and requiring others to answer is the only way things get
verified.
>It's sort of the gaming equivalent of a peer review process. *S*

Specifically, questions asked by someone who _doesn't_ know the details
can be terribly useful. Steve Jackson gave an example (which I may
misremember): if you're writing an American Civil War game and you
playtest only with people who know the ACW pretty well, you'll never
find the loophole in your rules which lets an uphill cavalry charge
against a fortified position successfully overrun it - because they
won't try it.

Roger

Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: FT-sheilds