Prev: RE: War of the Worlds in DS2 Next: Re: War of the Worlds in DS2

Re: War of the Worlds in DS2

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (kh.ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:14:21 +0200
Subject: Re: War of the Worlds in DS2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jared Hilal" <jlhilal@yahoo.com>
> >   After all, an alien invader that can't even put up with the common
cold isn't going to have much fun at all against weaponized anthrax.

> And the Martians that land in Korea aren't going to enjoy the Hanta
> virus, those in mainland China aren't going to have fun with influenza
> or SARS and those that land in central Africa aren't going to like
Ebola...

It's not at all clear that they would be susceptible to any of them,
even if
they are killed by the common cold. One species can be immune to a
bacterium
that is highly dangerous to others. HIV/AIDS doesn't harm monkeys, SARS
is
harboured by civet cats, the Hanta virus resides in small rodents, bats
may
carry Ebola (this one is not provern). Conversely, animals can die from
minor human diseases.

The Martians might die from a virus or bacterium that is completely
harmless
to any terran life  form

You could PSB that they are immune to anything we store as a bio-weapon,
but
die from Eschericia coli.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: RE: War of the Worlds in DS2 Next: Re: War of the Worlds in DS2