Prev: Re: Re: What's wrong with SF? Next: [DS] Computer assistance

Re: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:29:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:24:22 -0500, Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:

>Well, the not-White Stars are still a bit out of my comfort zone, but
the
>current bids on the painted Star Frontiers won't be there for long.
;->=

And by the looks of things (I'm just checking e-mails now) you won them!
*L*

>Just out of curiosity, as I think you're a bit closer now, any thoughts
of
>making it to Indianapolis at the end of the month?

Actually, when I was in Toronto I was _closer_ to GenCon at Indianapolis
than
I am here. Toronto is only 9 hours away from Indy, Louisiana is 12. I
had
thought of going to GenCon as I'm heading back up north that week, but
we
thought it would be safer to just get to where we are going (we have a
deadline) and not spend an extra day on the road.

>Also, what ARE those paints on the Sathar? Lovely retro green on pink.

The paint are Armory acrylics. The Sathar ships used a metallic green
and a
metallic pinkish purple. The Human ships used an Armory metallic dark
blue,
and I think the red was metallic red from Testors' acrylic (not their
more
famous enamel) line.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: Re: Re: What's wrong with SF? Next: [DS] Computer assistance