Prev: Re: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day Next: Re: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day

Re: Re: What's wrong with SF?

From: Kevin Balentine <kevinbalentine@v...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 8:24:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: What's wrong with SF?

If you are really interested in the behaviors behind feelings like this
("historicals are better than sci fi," "I only play fantasy games,"
etc.), I
suggest reading Desmond Morris' The Human Zoo. He's a zoologist who
examines
topics like tribalism and how living in cities has impacted people. I
found it
enlightening after witnessing many flame wars about "my game is better
than
yours, nyah nyah."

> From: Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net>
> Date: 2003/07/11 Fri AM 08:12:20 CDT
> To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: What's wrong with SF?
>
> Historical gamers tend to think their fantasy is better than that of
> sci-fi/fantasy gamers.
>
> Roger
>
> Richard Kirke wrote:
>
> >> The third store caters to the areas
> >> historical gamers, who were "horrified" at the mere thought of
playing
> >> a SF
> >> or fantasy based game.
> >

> > I have to say that I come across this a lot. I just don't get it...
what