Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: replacing the eagle prow

Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:59:35 PDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:55:44 -0500 Allan Goodall
<agoodall@hyperbear.com>
writes:
>On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:43:47 +0100, "Germ" <germ@germy.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>The more popular games seem to be those where the unit stats, points
>values
>>and army lists
>>are all ready made.
>
>Except for "army lists", you get that with FT and the fleet books.

Although the FT/MT/FBx scenarios thing is blessing (introduce basics,
move on to more involved) and a curse (Now that you have learned "X" we
are going to add "Y" and change to "X prime" - like the old board game
Star Ship Trooper by Avalon Hill (IIRC.)

Gracias,
Glenn - warbeads@juno.com
.
6 mm miniatures rule!  Well, anyway in my mind they do!
.
>>Your point about lack of competition might be closer to the truth.
>
>I do believe that's the main thing, along with the ease of play.

I assume you mean lack of competition as in lack of 'effective'
competition - there is lots of competition in  SF games out there,
especially in 'Space ship' games.

Gracias,
Glenn - warbeads@juno.com
.
6 mm miniatures rule!  Well, anyway in my mind they do!
.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: replacing the eagle prow