Prev: Re: (DS) DLD 6mm vehicles? Maybe... Next: Collectable card format Ship Control Sheets

Re: (DS) DLD 6mm vehicles? Maybe...

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:57:19 +1000
Subject: Re: (DS) DLD 6mm vehicles? Maybe...

From: "Glenn M Wilson" <warbeads@juno.com>

> >A mate of mine ( a descendant of John Chard, of "Rourke's Drift" fame

> >)
> >had a complete USSR 1944 Armoured Corps in 1:285 scale in the 70s.
> >It helped that he owned a wargames shop, so got the hundreds of AFVs
> >and
> >thousands of support vehicles at wholesale prices.
> >
> All right, now I am truly blatantly jealous.	Not that I have the room
> store any such creature but reality is not a factor here.  Must have
> looked awesome but of course playability might have been a concern.

Fortuantely, the painting was no problem. Colour scheme : Russian Dark
Green.
Some muddy wash splashed over the running gear and wheels.

Remember a USSR Tank Corps is only the size of a US Division, and has
far fewer
support elements. But all the horse-drawn stuff was converted from
Heroics
Napoleonics, as Heroics/Ross didn't make WW2 Horse-drawn stuff then. The
rest was
mainly CinC.

See
(http://www.stormpages.com/garyjkennedy/RedArmy/russian_divisional_organ
isations.htm)
for ORBAT.

Prev: Re: (DS) DLD 6mm vehicles? Maybe... Next: Collectable card format Ship Control Sheets