Prev: Re: FSE Next: Re: FSE

Miniature bases

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrathwiz@c...>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:31:10 -0400
Subject: Miniature bases

I've been basing my starships miniatures on GW flying stands.
(after I've dropped and broken enough I'll go to the system
that Star Ranger uses)

It occurs to me that it would be useful to have the firing arcs
on the bases.

It only took a jiffy to whip up something in Adobe Illustrator
that would print out little black discs with firing arcs
(and a white rectangle to print ship ID numbers).
I also included a centerline, for fore and aft.  This
simplifies working with a turning template.

The problem: What glue do I use to glue these things to
the bottom of the bases?

I tried some liquid paper glue.  While it did a good job
of adhesion, it didn't cover completely, which left
white bubbles.	And the glue made the ink run.

So what kind of glue
[1] will stick paper to plastic
[2] is transparent
[3] won't cause inkjet printer ink to run

Meanwhile, for assembling miniatures, I finally managed
to get a bottle of LocTite QuickTite gel super glue,
as recommended by somebody in the FT faq.
They are right, this is the best super glue I've ever used.
Gap filling, quick setting, and it comes in a 4g special
bottle with locking cap and ribbed squeeze levers on the sides.

Prev: Re: FSE Next: Re: FSE