Prev: "GZG 500 club", and also size of Phalon ground vehicle models Next: [SG] 15mm Pics

Re: DS: City block WIP

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:32:10 +0100
Subject: Re: DS: City block WIP

Robin Fitton wrote:

>Those stick on roads look interesting. Do you know if they have a rough
>texture or are they just printed plastic?
>
>The town street section actually looks close to my homemade creation.

They're a very thin foam-like material (0.6mm they claim).
Straightforward to cut when on the backing material, but very sticky and

you have to place them right first time - if you try to peel it off then

it stretches / distorts and you've had it. However, I've been able to
lay straight sections pretty easily. It's supposed to be flexible enough

to allow it to follow gentle curves, which I haven't tried yet but am
prepared to believe.

Just thinking about it, I have a single pack of a narrower road which
must be, as The Beast pointed out, the N gauge stuff

http://www.mgsharp.com/N_Scenes.htm

and there's also Z gauge which is only 32mm wide.

http://www.mgsharp.com/Z_Scenics.htm

Tony

Prev: "GZG 500 club", and also size of Phalon ground vehicle models Next: [SG] 15mm Pics