Prev: Our Full Metal At the Front Next: Re: DS: City block WIP

DS: City block WIP

From: "Robin Fitton" <robin@r...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:35:30 +0100
Subject: DS: City block WIP

Dear All,

I have almost finished work on a set of city roads for a basic block
system
I am putting together that will sit on my GEO-Hex terrain boards.  I
used
plasticard from slaters uk and layered it to create the sidewalk/curbs.
In
the pictures below you can see the unpainted layout which can be moved
around because all of the pieces are separate sections.

http://www.rottenlead.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=f78a2e7f5097eba62aec98
ebaf
a3c49e;act=ST;f=17;t=6;r=1;&#top

The buildings in the photo are from timecast and were supplied
pre-painted,
they did an excellent job!

The little brass stuck on bits are etched storm drains and service
covers
from langley models UK. I also picked up some trash cans and other road
side
items inlcuding traffic lights from them.  They are 1/485th N gauge
train
scale which makes them larger than DS scale, but they look perfect when
placed on the board, if they were any smaller and they would not be
worth
placing on the board.

Robin

http://www.robinf.com/gallery

Prev: Our Full Metal At the Front Next: Re: DS: City block WIP