Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

Re: [OT] Update JohnA

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:48:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

At 3:40 PM -0400 5/14/03, Flak Magnet wrote:
>  >"Interesting point--my company
>>  was attached to a tank BN that was attached to the 101st Airborne
>
>What's this?  6 degrees to 101st Airborne?

More like 2 it seems.

>As to the puking chicken comment...
>
>I hope some 101st Private overhears him say that and educates him just
enough
>to make him never want to say that again.

Feh. I agree with John A on the Value of the Airborne in a modern
environment. Mechanized Warfare (and the Zoomies) won the Gulfwar,
WWII, Korea (if that's a win) and this latest scrap. It wasn't
airborne drops. But good old fashioned driving up the highway with
tanks and trucks and APCs, with an occasional driving over the
beaches activity. Sure, the para-heads make and take bridgeheads, but
you can't exactly exploit a breakthrough on foot.

To armor (and especially the No-War-4), para's are just a softer kind
of crunchy, bravado and fisticuffs not withstanding.

>He'd be LUCKY to wear the patch, and ought to be darned honored.
(Which he
>probably is, but it just being himself.)

Is John A that much of a ticket puncher? I'd expect not.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA