Prev: 6 mm SG 2 Next: Re: In response to "How's the army going?"

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 07:49:02 PDT
Subject: In response to "How's the army going?"

I was asked how my DS 2 army building was going and (Fat Finger
syndrome)
somehow I deleted it before replying, I think.	Anyway it's gone.  I
think "Maksim-Smelchak" asked... on one of the lists... maybe
Stargrunt-Fullthrust... oh well.

I will try and post the Excel workbook where I am tracking things on
Thursday to those lists with file sections but for now for those who are
wondering - a synopsis of a work in progress:

My People's Holy Republic army (HVC/RFAC, CFE, HMW/TRK/rare GEV) has 79
vehicles (5 per platoon * / 3 Platoons per Company / 4 Companies per
Battalion, various HQ elements extra) awaiting a CBR vehicle a few
filler
vehicles and some more painting.  Putting 5 men on a Bingo chip (Fire
Teams) is a challenge and of course painting is in progress.  This army
will supply one side of a game being run at Die Con 3 in Saint Louis May
31.  VTOL and AERO pending.  A very Dark Gray (almost Black) force.

My South Asian Imperium army (DFFG, HMT, GEV/ some TRK) has 32 vehicles
(Platoon filler order being planned  - converted from 4 to 5 vehicle
Platoons) of it's [5/3/4 TO&E) in place.  It's about 75% done, painting
still early on.  VTOL and AERO pending.  A force neither particularly
White Hat or Black Hat.

My Native People's Circle (my first army planned, GMS, HMT, GEV plus
some
motorcycles - Harley Davidson Indians of course...) is progressing
slowly.  It has 46 vehicles currently but still needs 20 to complete my
'reinforced Battalion' phase 1 plan.  Their TO&E base is (4/4/3) and I
need some size 4 and size 5 HAR, some MLRS/Large, and a size 5 - GMS/H x
5 plus Fire Team Platoon.)  The NPC uses a lot of "Battle Rider"
infantry
(about 50% of the vehicles.)  A Lot of Infantry, like the PHR, to paint.

VTOL and AERO pending.	Okay, I favor these guys a lot, Beige hats,

My LLP (My Latinos!) army (SLAM, HMT, GEV) army is progressing nicely
(TO&E is 4/3/4) needing only 4 MLRS (Small) plus HQ's to be complete.
It
currently has 76 vehicles (3 Platoons of Assault Infantry due to a typo
in an order.)  Painting is progressing slowly.	VTOL and AERO pending.
plead favortism, Light Gray hats.

My Royal Russian Republic army is slowly building (HKP, HMT, GEV; TO&E
3/5/3) has 22 vehicles currently needing some MLRS (Small) and a general
beefing up of all  companies.  Painting has just begun on this army.
VTOL and AERO pending.	Wild Card army, changes Hat colors easily.

MY New European Association army is almost complete.  While there are no
"Good Guys" in the Tuffleyverse these guys have always been my "Almost
Black hat" army in my mind.  I have 45 vehicles currently (TO&E is
3/4/3;
MDC, FGP, GEV) - I am debating on putting a platoon of MLRS available
but
they really prefer MD gun and RAM gun Arty.  These guys have 4 Platoons
of SIze 6 [MDC/5, PDS/Sup, LAD, 1 Fire Team PA) vehicles.  These have
the
Scotia "really" long barrel grav tanks (used as GEV) for MD Arty (2
platoons, I got a deal on E-bay.)  Part of the reason for ther NPC/LLP
alliance is clashes with these guys.  VTOL and AERO pending.

My Incorporated Japanese Kingdom army is close to finish except for some
bigger walkers.  These guys like Tin Samurai a lot!  Lots of Infantry
walkers.  TO&E is 3/3/4 and they use HEL (although they do use other
weapon systems too, just almost all vehicle/walker main weapons are HEL)
and are FPG and GRAV vehicle (when no walkers) with smaller vehicles
using HMW.  Eventually they will have Size 1 through Size 6 (well if I
find a suitable Size 7 I would include it just for grins)  for the core
of their army.	They like PA a lot too.  Plain old regular Infantry is
an
after thought in this army's system.  This will be the PHR's enemy in
the
May 31 scenario game.  VTOL and AERO pending.  Can we say "Mercenary"?
What ever color hat that may be...  They are hired by almost all the
powers who have need for more troops and have sites with good fields of
fire around institutions needing security forces.

My personal Ta DA "Great Bear Republic" army  (yes, I know some one else
has a same name group - different universe <grin> - in this one
California is independent and minor colonizing power) is still
__strictly__ a paper army that may realistically never see the light of
the war game table.  If it does ever appear it will be a truly "Combined
Technology/Arms Force" army with a fair number of MDC/4 MBTs, moderate
amounts SLAM5/DFFG5 AGVs/ARVs, a fair number of HEL/1 APCs,  some GMS/H
Light ATVs, some HKP/5 HBTs, and many MDC/2 MICVs.  And a few Class 1
and
Class 4 Walkers.  VTOL and AERO pending.  At least that is the plan.

Sorry if this bored anyone.

6 mm miniatures rule!

Gracias,
Glenn
R.I.P.	Triphibious@juno.com and Dwarf_warrior@juno.com

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: 6 mm SG 2 Next: Re: In response to "How's the army going?"