Prev: Re: [FT] Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: Re: Black globes (was Re: [Power Projection] Review)

Re: [Power Projection] Website Updated 9 May 2003

From: Dominic Mooney <dom@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:05:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [Power Projection] Website Updated 9 May 2003

Hi,

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 23:45 Europe/London, devans@nebraska.edu
wrote:

> I won't even attempt a review; suffice to say, it's a wee, wee
> pamphlet of
> a book, but very nicely filled.

28 handcrafted pages + two pages of counters with 5 years of
development <grin>...

> I got it from Steve Jackson Games, who quite clearly ask you to
support
> your local store(s), which I naturally do. However, as one third of
the
> money I sent off went for shipping, I can only say 'Too right I will!'

> ;->=

Sadly, thanks to the general apathy of US Distributors, there aren't
that many FLGSs that stock PP or BITS stuff. As a distributor/retailer
SJG / Warehouse 23 have a lot to recommend them compared to some other
outfits - for a start, they pay up promptly. This is often a problem
with other groups, especially when you're across the Atlantic and
unlikely to be able to afford legal action to recover costs. Plus they
like Traveller and buy our books in regularly.

As a side note, if you mail order you can also try;

Leisure Games - http://www.leisuregames.com/
Travelling Man (I think it's http://www.travellingman.co.uk/)

who carry Power Projection. Any Esdevium stocked shops should be able
to get it.

Also Jon had some copies at Salute - I didn't get down to the GZG stand
again to see if they'd all gone though.

> Oh, I think there are still color versions of the counters
> down-loadable at
> the PP site. The black on yellow paper ones in the book could put one
> off...

Colour counters are on the site and downloadable. Putting them in
colour on light card would have probably pushed the cover price up
something like 1 to 2 GBP as we don't have the volume to get a good
discount.

> Wish the ship counters had a bit of colour tho'...

It's one of the things that we're thinking about, but it depends on
whether we can get the artists sorted out :-/

Cheers,

Dom
---------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
'The Fool escaped from Paradise will look over
his shoulder & cry / Sit and chew on daffodils and
struggle to answer why?' Script for a Jester's Tear
http://www.marillion.com/   http://www.bits.org.uk/

---------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
      http://www.powerprojection.net/
Power Projection: "It's all about going to other people's
planets and making *them* do what *we* want."
CPO Vandenbroucke, IIN Dreadnought 'Cleon the First'.

Prev: Re: [FT] Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: Re: Black globes (was Re: [Power Projection] Review)