Prev: response to all the e-mails just posted was Re: was [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] SG2 units (Soviet/Russian/ESU) Next: [Power Projection] Website Updated 9 May 2003

Re: Tuffleyverse: UN

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 06:37:19 +0200
Subject: Re: Tuffleyverse: UN

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Leary" <john_t_leary@yahoo.com>

> --- Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net> wrote:
> > Somehow I doubt the average salary is anywhere neer
> > $100K.  Much of  the staff is support staff from the US.
>
> Please read the story again,

Indeed. Re-reading the article shows they have added an Update:
"Update:
wrote us to say that the incident could not be considered looting.
According
to the U.N., Restaurant Associates had opened the doors and allowed
hungry
U.N. employees to take what they wanted. As for the silverware, U.N.
security did not receive any formal complaints about stolen items."

> I do not think that the 'delegates dining room' and the 'delegates
> lounge' are used or open to the 'support staff'.

Weren't those rooms wide open during the incident, too ?
The article doesn't mention whether the "delegates dining room" was
plundered, though we can assume a "free lunch" was avaliable there, too
;-)
As to the lounge, "The takers included some well-known diplomats who
finished off the raid with free drinks at the lounge for delegates. "

Greetings
Karl Heinz