Prev: DS2 and SG2 - RRR TO&E Next: Re: Tuffleyverse: UN

response to all the e-mails just posted was Re: was [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] SG2 units (Soviet/Russian/ESU)

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 20:19:58 PDT
Subject: response to all the e-mails just posted was Re: was [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] SG2 units (Soviet/Russian/ESU)

On Thu, 08 May 2003 19:25:18 -0500 Jared Hilal <jlhilal@yahoo.com>
writes:
<snippage from several e-mails>

Okay, I see where you are going.  I think.

Like many people (some of which are off list currently until they return
from Iraq) you seem to be extrapolating from today and the near future
and find the granularity of DS 2/SG 2 too coarse.  Okay, then all the
hyper-details of this process follow quite naturally.

Since I am not an experienced SG 2 player I cannot comment on that until
I get some more experience in the game.  I find the granularity of DS 2
just fine since I view this as far future and by then we may have
something like Space Marine's (Not the GW ones but the earlier FGU
rules)
"Ballistic Cloth" that completely changes the dynamics of small arms
combat.  Not that there are not parts of DS 2 that some consider broken
but I have gotten away in my over 40 years of war games from any link to
the old SPI "Simulation" syndrome and just enjoy the game.  I am sure
you
enjoy the games you play but fractional FP scale is a bit too
complicated
for this old grognard. <grin>

Have to admire all the effort you put into this though.  While not my
cup
of tea I appreciate your work.	Play on, sir, play on!

6 mm miniatures rule!

Gracias,
Glenn
R.I.P.	Triphibious@juno.com and Dwarf_warrior@juno.com

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: DS2 and SG2 - RRR TO&E Next: Re: Tuffleyverse: UN