Prev: RE: Response to the question about CAV... Next: Re: [DS, SG] O RATS!

Re: Response to the question about CAV...

From: Foxx Travis <lordkalvin2002@y...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 08:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Response to the question about CAV...

<snipped>>
> The setting is soft-sci-fi to be sure, but without
> the "So much lost knowledge
> that technologies are "black box"" crapolla that
> B-Tech explained away tech
> incongruities with.	 The big "gee-whiz" thing that
> makes CAVs work isn't a
> neural link to the pilot's equilibrium and they
> don't have artificial
> muscles like battlemechs... they have "Bellar
> Joints".   Oooh...

"Bellar Joints" use magnetics to create an
"articulated joint" and uses the same magnetic fields
for movement.  The implication is that these joints
require no lubrication or hydraulics, etc.

> The background setting isn't real rich, but it's
> based on a great foundation
> with lots of potential.  The rule book is mostly
> background, with the back
> section being the actual rules.

One used to be able to get the rules FREE right off
the net.  www.cavhq.com

<<snipped>>
> I do no know what "scale" the CAV models are cast
> in, but that's pretty
> flexible as the cockpits lack anything like hatches,
> etc, that would make
> force them to be a certain scale

They are "technically" 10 mm figs, but I agree they
could just about any scale you choose.	Ironically,
although the miniatures a actually larger than
Battletech minatures, the vehicles in "real life" are
technically smaller than most mechs.  (i.e. the scale
is larger than Battletech).
<<snipped>>

http://search.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: Response to the question about CAV... Next: Re: [DS, SG] O RATS!