Prev: Response to the question about CAV... Next: Re: Response to the question about CAV...

RE: Response to the question about CAV...

From: "Bradley, Jason (US - Minneapolis)" <jabradley@d...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 07:09:44 -0700
Subject: RE: Response to the question about CAV...

I have it and played it.  It's a fun game.  It's fast paced and I have
enjoyed playing it.  Organizing your forces are a little bizarre,
everything
is in fours, but otherwise it's enjoyable enough.  I live in the
Minneapolis, MN are and know there are quite a few people in the area
who
are fanatical about it, and will be at Origins.
The background for the game is based loosely on Reapers Fantasy setting,
set
some time in the future obviously.  A lot of the details Tim already
mentioned, I too like the ECM/ECCM system they have, and I do not like
the
fact that there are no firing arcs.  To me it sort of takes away from
some
of the tactical edge.  The ranges are so long that generally we play on
4x8 table and set up at the end of the length of the table.  Usually by
the
second turn shooting starts. I don't think the cost is too bad, the
models
are "weighty" and you don't need too many to enjoy the game.

Jason