Prev: Re: FT: Ship Names Next: Re: [FT]: New Ship name class: the frustrated SM category (fwd)

Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:53:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure

At 06:16 PM 4/29/03 PDT, you wrote:
>Okay, this is more strangeness, I am looking for ideas for a CBR
(Counter
>Battery radar) vehicle to go with my old/low tech PHR guys (So
>rip-offs... I mean inspired by designs... from Modern or even WW2
>vehicles are suitable.  Tracked is preferred but Wheeled might do.
>
> What I need is something about the size of the GHQ M109/M109A1 hull
with
>a (big is better) radar instead of a turret.  If I do this I only want
>one so buying a blister's worth (a la GHQ) is counter-productive.
Anyone
>got any ideas say from Pfc-in-C (do they sell single, I forget) or
>NavWar?  Maybe an old Cold War Soviet radar for IRBM or monster SAMs?

I use PanEuropean Light Tanks from SJG's Ogre line:

http://www.warehouse23.com/item.cgi?SJG10-0508

You've got the big sensor boom, plus that little radar dish at the back.
Might be a little too high-tech looking for your needs, but hey -- maybe
they've managed to make a purchase from a more advanced ally....

And while I'm talking about SJG, check out this for an interesting
addition
to SGII:

http://www.sjgames.com/miniatures/img/uplift/fen.bw.med.jpg

I'm certainly going to get a few for myself when the set is released;
I'm
not sure about the rest of the Uplift set, but I can't resist that.  The
separate bit, by the way, is the Warmask -- seems to include a pair of
guns, and it would be child's play to add some different ones.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: FT: Ship Names Next: Re: [FT]: New Ship name class: the frustrated SM category (fwd)