Prev: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures Next: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

RE: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:07:34 -0600
Subject: RE: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

I use 3/4" steel fender washers.  This allows easier storage since I
just line a toolbox with adhesive magnetic sheet and stick the figures
to the sheet.

The added weight to the bottom help keep the figures upright, and the
extra width also helps.

I attach the figures with epoxy, using wax paper on the bottom since a
lot runs out the hole in the middle.  I either use epoxy putty, wall
spackling or more liquid epoxy to fill the height difference between the
figure base and the washer.

This is a bit more expensive than using pennies (6 cents per base rather
than 1) but the added utility of having a steel washer that sticks to
magnets is worth the extra cost to me.

I have seen some people use the thick magnetic strips cut into circular
bases.	This means you can stick the figure directly on to metal
surfaces.  Might be useful for car games - you make a map on some thin
steel or thin sheet magnet and your figs will stay in place during
travel.

--Binhan

al_gurkhas_8.htm

-Adrian