Prev: Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE Next: RE: [OT] Back from SALUTE

Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:54:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE

>On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 12:49:43PM +0100, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>
>>Hope everyone who came along had fun. We did quite well, though we
felt it
>>was maybe just a little down on attendance over last year. How did it
feel
>>from the other side of the tables?
>
>Didn't feel as crowded as last year - more demo games, perhaps fewer
>traders? I know some of them were muttering about expense and whether
it
>was really worth it...

Well, I don't think there is any question for us about	whether it was
worth it.... but, I will admit that the ratio of expenses-to-turnover
for
the day is certainly greater (ie worse) than many other shows. Still,
one
day at Salute is worth about the same to us as a month's mailorder!!

We always dread the approach of Salute, but in the end anticipation
always
turns out to be much worse than realisation - yes, it may be incredibly
busy, but it all runs so smoothly despite that. All kudos and thanks to
the
Warlords for their amazing organisational effort. In some ways, it's all
quite fun really.....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)