Prev: RE: Re:Current Events Next: Re: Current Events

Re: Re:Current Events

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:25:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Re:Current Events

At 6:58 PM +0200 4/11/03, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

>I guess we all have seen the footage of the Iraqi crowd cheering as the
US
>ARV pulled down the statue of Saddam. Here is a picture of that crowd
from
>an interesting perspective:
>http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2838.htm

Oh, yeah, the troops were out to get the journalists, which is why
they fired a tiny bit of armament at the hotel rather than leveling
it. Isn't it even possible that someone misjudged where fire was
coming from and fired rounds at the wrong building? Fire control
isn't super solid and is still a rough art in combat. KH you of all
people should know that.

Doesn't Murphys law of combat even enter into the minds of the
journalists with combat experience? Combat zones are dangerous
places. If you want to be safe, don't hang out in building when
snipers could be a problem in nearby buildings. You hide. You stay
low. Allied Troops in armored vehicles with recognition signs and
other friendly fire prevention methods still get shot at and troops
still die from Blue on Blue. Combat zones are hazardous areas. If
those press were really smart, they would have placed a bloody huge
flag on the hotel with PRESS written across it. And manned cameras
remotely.

And of course, those same military master minds gathered those folks
together to pull down the statue. And all the footage I keep seeing
here at work is all the work of manipulation by the US and British
Military.

Sorry KH I just don't think that dog will hunt.

That's why I so dislike the indy media. They don't get it. They don't
look at history and they don't grasp logic or how chaos can make
things just happen.

For example
Its a war zone, some folks will die. The iraqi forces haven't been
fighting fair. Yet, we have to fixate on the kids. Remember the
children! Jeeze, it sounds like the basic anti-gun rhetoric.  How
many children aren't going to die now because Saddam and Chemical Ali
won't be gassing the Kurds. I remember footage of the dead kurds from
TV back when I was in elementary school and the Iran Iraq war was
raging.

On that main page, they have "Body Count 1158 min, max 1411". How
many died in the gassing of the Kurdish or marsh Arab regions? They
were still exchanging prisoners with Iran from the war 20 years ago.
Compare the indy media's numbers on to how many civilians died in
Normandy? Caen alone had 2400 civilian casualties. Civilians, red
forces and blue forces are getting a huge break in this war compared
to many others. In WWII Germans suffered on a massive scale that the
Iraqi's won't ever see.

The bitching about the Blue on Blue as being incredible and amazing
is just as specious. Combat is chaotic. Its far far far less chaotic
now than is was 50 years ago.

The indy media always has to have a big conspiracy behind everything.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: Re:Current Events Next: Re: Current Events