Prev: Re:Current Events (Hospital ships) Next: Re: Re:Current Events

Re: Current Events

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:59:18 +0200
Subject: Re: Current Events

Brian Burger wrote:

 >One further amusing squib from today's news, from an AP wire story:
 >
 >"Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud..." - Um, someone tell the nice
 >reporter that the whole damn family is 'Saud', that *every* male
member of
 >the family is a prince - and that there are a few thousand members of
the
 >family/clan... just file this one under "Inadequate Information".

Um, someone tell the nice Mr. Burger that the Arabs use their first
names a
lot more than we westerners do on formal occasions, and that the Saudi
foreign minister's first name is "Saud" just like Mr. Burger's own first
name is "Brian".

The Saudi foreign minister's full name is Saud bin Faisal bin Abd
al-Aziz Al
Saud, which means "Saud son of Faisal son of Abd al-Aziz, of the clan Al
Saud".

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re:Current Events (Hospital ships) Next: Re: Re:Current Events