Prev: Hacker/Excel Spread Sheet Next: [OT] Anyone out there?

RE: Hacker/Excel Spread Sheet

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:50:50 -0600
Subject: RE: Hacker/Excel Spread Sheet

> I have FB2DV1-1.xls (from www.FullThrust.net).  This thing is really
> cool! :-)

That one is mine.  Thanks :-)

> Suppose I am designing a human ship.	Say it has a Class 2 beam.  In
the
> box labeled "X-arcs" do I put the amount of extra mass the extra arcs
> require, or the number of extra facings?

# of Extra Facings, all "X-Arcs" columns as for the number of arcs, not
the
mass, it will do that for you (if you have a Class 2 beam and want only
2
extra arcs, it will still add 1 mass just like 3 extra arcs.)  If you
have
multiple Class 2's with extra arcs, total the number of extra arcs and
enter
it there.

> When I tried to enter some of the FB1 ships, my totals don't seem to
> match up with the book's.
> I think this is my fault -- not entering the info correctly...I think
> have all the book updates.

It will give results that match the Fleet Book.  If you have any other
questions or problems, please drop me a note and indicate what you have
happening, and a copy of the file with the info you have entered or a
screen
shot would help.

> Now all this thing needs is a way to print out, or save, either a ship
> display, or a ship paragraph.

Those are do-able to some extent with excel, but I haven't had the drive
learn exactly how and then do it.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Hacker/Excel Spread Sheet Next: [OT] Anyone out there?