Prev: Re: Need help identifying what I ordered a while ago Next: Re: [OT] Test post

Shifting Political alliances

From: <hal@b...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 04:32:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Shifting Political alliances

Hello Folks,
  I know this is going to be somewhat "touchy", but after reading a
  British paper's editorial regarding Malta's recent vote to join the
EU,
  I have to wonder at the following scenario:

FLASH:	In a nation wide referendum, England announced today, along with
<insert any other nation the wargamer desires to include> that it was
succeeding from the EU over issues of soveriegn rights.  Citing that the
EU "Elitism" and the French Dominance of economic issues, plus a growing
trend towards invasive legal manueverings where EU laws take precedence
over soveriegn laws - also citing that the EU banking commission is not
responsive to the needs of individual nations - England has no choice
but
to terminate its participation in the EU.

What if:
What if EU attempts to take on a Federal Government Status that states
that no EU member nation may withdraw?	What would the forces be like,
say, 20 years from now?  What if the United States becomes an
isolationist
nation once again telling the rest of the world to go to hell (and thus
is
not a factor in such conflicts in the future).	What would such a war
look
like?

Could Dirtside handle the game I wonder?  Would anyone be interested in
running such a game?  If you are looking for ways and means to determine
how things might go - assume that the EU intends to cut down the size of
militaries such that military spending is only half of what they
currently
are today.  Use the CIA website to estimate the GNP of "belligerent
nations" to try and estimate the actual budgets that might be in use for
the game...

	    Hal

Prev: Re: Need help identifying what I ordered a while ago Next: Re: [OT] Test post