Prev: Re: Optional Rules Next: Re: Optional Rules

Re: FMA-WW2 Weapons

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:08:33 -0600
Subject: Re: FMA-WW2 Weapons

For ease in gaming I'd keep light and heavy MGs in their own impact
class.

That's what my Squad Leader rulebook says.  So it must be the truth.  :)

A great tome of wisdom.....)

I like the clarification between bipods and tripods.  I'd go so far to
say that the firepower die would be increased because, well, if the
Germans
had a bipod setup I'd think they would have a ready reserve of barrels
and
ammo laying quite close as well.

Your welcome, the main reason to use a tripod over the bipod is for the
traverse and elevating mechanism i.e. you can set up fire sectors  in
day
light and shoot in the same without fail at night (a good thing with
friendlies near by). Also they're great for sustained fire on a target.
But
for rapid movement and ease of use a bipod is it.

So in the end I'll probably just break machine guns up into two classes:
light and heavy.  And leave it at that.

It'll probably work best that way just on the game mechanics end....)

Don

Prev: Re: Optional Rules Next: Re: Optional Rules