Prev: Re: FMA Sheep Next: Re: P-I-I-I-I-G-S I-I-I-N S-P.... oh darn. It's supposed to be MICE!

Re: P-I-I-I-I-G-S I-I-I-N S-P.... oh darn. It's supposed to be MICE!

From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:32:45 PST
Subject: Re: P-I-I-I-I-G-S I-I-I-N S-P.... oh darn. It's supposed to be MICE!

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:31:31 -0500 "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
writes:
>Glenn wrote:
>Movement (and terrain) effects
>
>[Tomb] One easy option for the 25 ->
>15mm step: Measure one in inches, the
>other in cm. That way, you can keep move
>distances and terrain effects the same, but
>things work in cm rather than inches.

That might work...

>Cover and Concealment
>
>[Tomb] Cover will be easier to obtain. But
>it should work just about the same (stop or
>not stop a bullet isn't a property of how big
>the thing the bullet is heading towards).
>
>Hidden units
>
>[Tomb] Downshift one on spotting rolls
>versus these guys?

And as Beth poiunted out it would work both ways, at least until
movement
occurred.  "LT Powderpuff, those "Trees" are moving this way!  Get me
the
F.O.!  Now!!!"

>Spotting
>
>[Tomb] See my last.
>
>Personal armor
>
>[Tomb] Probably I'd make it a level lighter
>(Mouse PA might only get D10, partial hard
>might only get D8 and partial soft might
>only get D4).

Yeah but that would be additional to the injury rates (smaller bodies
has
less room to absorp damage... ) -1 to wound rules? Or is it +1?  I
forget... is a 6 good or bad here.. rules check time...

>Heavy Weapons systems
>[Tomb] You mean like a standard
>LMG/SAW as a crew served weapon?
>GMS/P as man-portable (like humans might
>consider GMS/L)?

Which is why I mentioned wheeled weapons (like the WW2 russian - and
several WW1 - machine guns.)

>Target Size (how do get smaller than class
>1 and should you?)
>
>[Tomb] No real mechanic for it (assume
>you are speaking to vehicles now). You
>could UP1 range at such micro-vehicles.
>But you have to restrict their weapons
>output a lot too.

LOL!  How do you compute for a RFAC/.5?

> Firepower and Impact Close Assault
>
>[Tomb] Down 1 shift in CA? Reluctance to
>enter CA (+1 or more on initiation) vs.
>larger creatures?

At least i think.

FP: Can stay the same,
>but Impact might be DOWN 1 from an
>equivalent human weapon (So AAR does
>D8 impact).

Yeah, likely.

Going IP might be easier, so
>maybe UP1 on the die they roll (QD?) to go
>IP.

Possible.

> Artillery Fire
>[Tomb]: Probably the tend towards lighter
>artillery. Or their artillery batteries may
>have crews of 15 instead of 6 per gun to
>get the same size templates, etc.

"Uh sir, we are under attack from what appears to be _very_ long range
GL's..."

Gracias,
Glenn

Squeak.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: FMA Sheep Next: Re: P-I-I-I-I-G-S I-I-I-N S-P.... oh darn. It's supposed to be MICE!