Prev: RE: [FH] Beth finally gets her html act together Next: Re: [GZG-ECC] People pictures

Alien FT in Stargrunt

From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:36:22 PST
Subject: Alien FT in Stargrunt

Okay,  I am looking at the Stan Joahnsen figures for the old Space
Marines (Rauwoofs, Mekpurrs, Blarads, Whistlers, and Klackons to be
precise) and I was wondering how the squad organizations would play in
SG
2.

Blarads - think giant teddy bears - use 7 man squads (3 plus Weapons
squad - 2 PML's plus 2	Heavy Scramblers plus NCO a in a Platoon.)  Four
with Blast Rifles (Think a portable DFFG,) Three with Hand Scramblers
(GL's with energy (sort of a cross between Ralnai Sonic grenades and
Disruptors if you are familiar with Starguard.)  Being big Ursine like
creatures they use "almost PA" body armor (no power but very similar
protection values. )

Klackons - Pseudo-Crustaceans - do everything in sevens so a squad has 7
Heavy Cone Rifles (Rockets depending on impact at high velocity for
impact.)  & 7 squads to a Platoon, etc.  No, I don't have enough of
these
to field a couple of squads (lower priority thing) alas.

Whistlers - flightless avians -  use flying belts and jump belts and
work
in 4 avian teams (4 blast rifles) and two teams to a squad (8) and two
squads to a section (16) and two sections to a demi-squadron (32 plus 3
HQ types) and two demi-squadrons to a squadron (where PML's, Infinite
Repeaters (Cone weapons) and light mortars make an appearance in the
weapons unit.)

And Rauwoofs - "...canine species slightly smaller than the human
norm..." - run in 10 creature sections - 3 Fire Teams [of 2 Blast Rifles
and a hand scrambler] plus a PML team and a Section Leader.   A company
(next level) has six sections, a mortar section, a weapons section and a
HQ element.

I would like to run these pretty much straight Space Marines TO&E but
what might I want to do to balance any scenarios versus "normal  human"
type squads/Platoon?

Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: RE: [FH] Beth finally gets her html act together Next: Re: [GZG-ECC] People pictures