Prev: Re: [OT] Pictures of 1/300th paper buildings updated Next: Alien FT in Stargrunt

RE: [FH] Beth finally gets her html act together

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:42:54 +1100
Subject: RE: [FH] Beth finally gets her html act together

G'day,

> What's the origin of the script you used for the Haxaya language?

It one of the more elegant forms of the real Avestan scripts. It was
derived
from the Sassanian Pahlavi script centuries ago so they coud write down
the
ancient Zarathushtrian teachings. The Iranian language website as well
as a
few others have come up with fonts for it. There is also a text reverser
(Avestan is a right to left language), but is surprisingly easy to pick
up... so much so my English spelling is suffering (spell checker in
overload) as when I'm thinking I now tend to slip into spelling
backwards ;)

Have fun

Beth

Prev: Re: [OT] Pictures of 1/300th paper buildings updated Next: Alien FT in Stargrunt