Prev: RE: Fighters that bad? Re: Soap bubbles? Next: RE: [SG] Terrain

Re: Some advice

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:25:58 -0600
Subject: Re: Some advice

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:33:50 -0800, "Bradley, Jason (US - Minneapolis)"
<jabradley@deloitte.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the info Allen!!  Can you recommend a squad size?  I am
thinking
>of a heavy support weapon of some SAW in each (if it works that way in
SG)
>and then a Squad of Anti Tank type stuff per platoon.	Haven't thought
of
>medics but might make them a detachment.

Modern US squad size is 9. That works well, if you want to double up on
support weapons (i.e. two SAWs in a squad). That would give you 6
troopers,
two support weapons and a squad leader.

My NSL are as written in the book with 6-trooper squads. I used to move
the
missile units out of the squads as they require an action on their own
to fire
(they can't fire with the rest of the unit). However, I've been
playtesting a
house rule that allows missiles to fire at PA as though they were
vehicles,
and I let the rest of the unit fire at the PA with the same action. I
also let
the missile troops carry another weapon (an AAR, usually) for times when
they
aren't firing missiles.

My Japanese use 8-trooper squads, usually.

Don't forget to give your squads some IAVRs...

Allan Goodall		     http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: RE: Fighters that bad? Re: Soap bubbles? Next: RE: [SG] Terrain