Prev: RE: [SG] Terrain Next: RE: The Fighter Debate

RE: The Fighter Debate

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:40:53 -0600
Subject: RE: The Fighter Debate

Oh, I think that fighters are fine the way that they are. The basic
problem
is the same that many have stated before, in unbalanced one-off games,
or
games where home-designs are used it is almost impossible to control the
number of fighters unless there is a limit, either arbitrary (i.e. you
get X
squadrons if you choose) to the less arbitrary (i.e. a campaign system
where
the number of pilots in the 'pool' is limited in some way)

I favor a campaign system whenever possible, combined with a XP system
for
pilots (hell, for all crews but that's a different matter)

There's nothing funnier than a guy who's built a carrier fleet and only
has
'turkeys' for 3/4 of his squadrons, and the other  1/4 is still waiting
for
the new recruits to get assigned...

Or the carrier fleet in a mini-campaign (multi-scenario) that only has
pilots for some of it's squadrons because it's lost too many in the
previous
engagements.

All things in balance, that's what I say.

David

Prev: RE: [SG] Terrain Next: RE: The Fighter Debate