Prev: Re: What scale? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?

Re: Scale for SG

From: "Christopher K Smith" <cksmith@o...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:22:06 -0600
Subject: Re: Scale for SG

> 6mm
>
> Pros: Figure to ground scale correct. Fast to
> paint. Poses almost don't matter as figures are
> so small. Cheap to buy, relative to larger scales.
> Terrain plentiful from various manufacturers like
> Brigade and GZG and others (incl Geo-Hex).
> Let's you use far smaller trees/buildings etc.
> thus again reducing cost.
> Cons: Pretty darn small. Hard to do casualties
> to infantry mounted in "clusters" on a penny or
> equivalent base. Not quite as visual (IMHO).

This goes along with the SJGames Ogre miniatures discussion as well.  I
can't find a picture on the SJGames website, but I seem to remember the
Deluxe Orge package having infantry bases that allowed placing two or
three
infantry figures on it, and then removing them.  Is this correct?  If so
has
anyone used them in SG, or would this work?  I would like to get into SG
but
I don't have the space, money, or painting skills to go 25mm.  This may
be
odd, but I've always preferred a nice hexmap to actual miniature
terrain.
I'm thinking some of my Battletech maps and some 6mm figures would make
decent play area, and not take so much room (efficiency appartments are
kind
of small don't cha know).

Christopher K Smith
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Mississippi
National Center for Physical Acoustics
1 Coliseum Drive
University, MS 38677
662-915-5606

Prev: Re: What scale? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?