Prev: Re: [SG] Shotguns Next: Re: [SG] was Shotguns

Re: [SG] Shotguns

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:34:43 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG] Shotguns

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> Remember, a shotgun slug or 00 buck load is able to take down a 900
> pound animal with a much thicker chest area and far higher muscle
> density than a man is typically able to manifest.
>
> Example rounds  projectile wt   m-Vel   Muzzle Energy
> 12 Gauge,	  28.4 grams	  488m/s  3378 joules
> 12 Gauge 3"	  28.4 grams	  536m/s  4088 joules
> .223		  4 grams	  945m/s  1786 joules
> .308		  11.7 grams	  754m/s  3319 joules

This reminds me of a question I've been unable to answer by
Googling. The 20mm OICW grenade has, so I've read, a mass of about
100g, but I cannot find it's proposed muzzle velocity. Does
anybody recall reading one?

The 25mm OCSW grenade is supposedly thrown at around 400m/s. If
the OICW is similar it would be the equivalent of about a 4 gauge
shotgun.

--
David Brewer

"The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific
Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of
facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

Prev: Re: [SG] Shotguns Next: Re: [SG] was Shotguns