Prev: FT Points: Cinematic and Vector Next: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:10:30 PST
Subject: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

I play in the Tuffleyverse but in a back-back-back water set of stars
where local designs are the realm of several groups and a flag ship
should really be a Very Small BC or a Heavy Heavy cruiser type.  The
only
time a capital ship shows up is when somebody outside the systems tries
muscling in (and the sponsors of the other side respond.

And I definitely have some less than optimal designs built 'locally' and
the lurking on the edges aliens (unique to my void brackish ass end of
space) are definitely not Canon!

A mongrel spot of space for a mongrel GM...

Gracias,
Glenn

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:45:09 -0800 (PST) Brian Bilderback
<greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- Joe Ross <ft4breedn@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> John is pretty much
>> the State, seeing as how he came up with the
>> background for each faction in
>> FT.
>
>Two points:
>
>1.  Jon
>
>2.  That assumes you're playing in the Tuffleyverse.
>Within that context, I agree.	But if you're not, you
>have a couple of options:
> A.  Play in another fictional background, and try to
>design your ships to mimic the descriptions of the
>ships in said background.
>B.  Play in at least a semi-campaign setting, where
>each player has to come up with a flavor background of
>their own, write up a strategic naval philosophy for
>their home-brewed power, and design a set number of
>ships of different classes for that power (sort of a
>Fleet Book X), from which they are bound to select for
>any future games (allowing them, of course, to produce
>a certain limited number of new designs each decade or
>whatever in game time).
>
>=====
>Qui me amat, amet et canem meum.

>Yahoo! Shopping - Send Flowers for Valentine's Day
>http://shopping.yahoo.com

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: FT Points: Cinematic and Vector Next: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV