Prev: Large mass adjustments, was Re: [FT] F***ters Next: Re: [OT] Another quote

[OT] Another quote

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 02:16:20 -0500
Subject: [OT] Another quote

This one was quoted in the National Post, it was
supposedly a historical Powell Quote (when he
was against the air campaign vs. Serbia):

"When someone starts telling me what airpower
can do, I head for the bunker."

Sadly, it'll always take guys like Schoon, Los,
Magic, and John to get in there and get the job
done. (Well, maybe not so much for Magic since
he graduated from he-who-hops-out-of-planes
to he-who-flies-choppers *grin*)

The National Post carried a letter today from a
women in Mississippi who basically was telling
Canada the US didn't want our help, that we
were ineffective and kind of a joke militarily and
politically and that they'd go ahead and get the
job done without us fine.

At one moment, I was annoyed. I felt like saying
"Hey, what gives you the right!", then I thought
about it and I realized she was right and then I
was just embarassed. Once upon a time, we
used to have serious traction in multi-lateral
affairs and we were swinging well beyond our
league in peace-keeping and peace-making and
sometimes in kicking arse and taking names.
But I guess those days are fairly far past...
(although they were only a decade ago).

Good luck to the guys out on operational duty.
I'll be with you in spirit and I'll be thinking of you
at the gaming tables at ECC, when I know you
can't be there. Come home safe.

Tomb.
Mr. Thomas Barclay
Software Developer & Systems Analyst
thomas.barclay@stargrunt.ca

Prev: Large mass adjustments, was Re: [FT] F***ters Next: Re: [OT] Another quote