Prev: Re: Imre's comments Next: Re: Unsubing for deployment, JA

Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

From: <s666@f...>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:26:53 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Imre A. Szabo wrote:

> >For example, can you do orbital bombardment in Star Trek? Why sure!
And
> quite >accurately too! You can stun ONLY a single city block from
'standard'
> (Note they never >gave a good idea how high this was :o) and you can
take
> out a single building with the full >force of the ships weapons and
even
> carpet bomb and small area with fire without >endangering your landing
> party!
> >(Extra points for naming the episodes :o)
>
> "A Piece of the Action" if I remember correctly...

For the "stun a city block" incident, yes.
The single building was "Who Mourns For Adonis?". They take out Apollo's
temple.
As for the carpet bombing incident, even a ravening Star trek geek like
myself is not sure. If he's referring to "Arena", that was some sort of
mortar, and not fire from the Enterprise.

Prev: Re: Imre's comments Next: Re: Unsubing for deployment, JA