Prev: Re: Bombardment and Beams Next: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

Re: Imre's comments

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:01:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Imre's comments

> [Tomb] I think a "bottle of bear" sounds
> like a very lethal close combat weapon,
> personally. Grrrrrawl! Big fangs and nasty
> claws.....

Yes, but there very heavy wield...  And once you break the bottle, they
are
as liable to come after you as the other guy, or maybe both!  Supposed
to be
a bottle of beer...

> [Tomb] Plus, I think your comment reflects
> you don't do a lot of time bar-room
> brawling. I think a beer bottle (as
> differentiated from the bear bottle in
> question) is a great weapon. Short, fast,
> good for one bludgeon then turns into a
> knife, etc. And I'm a big fan of the barstool
> too, especially if I can get about two
> lengths of metal or wood off of it that are
> about 28" long. Then even your rifle-
> clubbing individual isn't going to be happy.

Beer bottles are great, assuming they break at the neck an cut your hand
pieces in the process...  But you're way out classed if some one has a
staff
(or sniper rifle used like on) and knows how to use it, unless you are
very,
very, good (or lucky).

> [Tomb] Most of close combat comes down
> to training. But at distances (depending on
> the study) under 15', most long arms end
> up more dangerous to the user than they
> are to others.

A four foot long staff isn't that long...  And is ideal for close in
encounters, even if a bit short...  Just be sure the sniper rifle is
unloaded, otherwise you might shoot yourself...  Agreed about training.

> [Tomb] This much is true, so arguments
> about it are kind of "position statements"
> rather than anything that can ever come to
> any conlusion.

Not true, if someone makes a serries of bad assumptions, you can shred
them...  Such using a bottle of bear in a bar room brawl...

ias

Prev: Re: Bombardment and Beams Next: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...