Prev: Re: India was: scenario ideas Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

Re: scenario ideas [Forwarded with concern] for discussion (but not on Abortion...)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 08:04:51 +0100
Subject: Re: scenario ideas [Forwarded with concern] for discussion (but not on Abortion...)

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>

> > Well, the People's Republic of China has the "one family, one child"
> > policy, so no one is likely to be getting brides from there.  I
> > haven't figured out any plausible means by which the ESU might grab
> > India--it's even less likely, IMO, than UK/Canada occupying the US.
>
> I tend to go tromping where angels fear to tread, but historically
speaking
> China has rolled into India (or the north of it) a fair few times.

Pretty marginal events, actually. In the Cold War era there was some
action
about a few Himalaya mountain valleys. Over all of history, there were
very
few incursoins of similar scope and nothing that could be called a
serious
invasion even of the North of India.

> Given  that by the time they have a crack at India they control
Russia,
central
> Asia and quote possibly parts of southeast Asia India just looks the
next
> "sensible" step. This would be especially true if India's population
had
> overwhelmed its economy and/or their had been hostilities with
Pakistan
that
> had further weakened them. There are a fair few corridors they could
use
> get their (and then there's advance tech troop delivery
possibilities). Of
> all the different "occupations" the Asian ones seem the most plausible
> me.

True. INvasion from the North-West (Afghanistan) was common enough in
Indian
history.
Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: India was: scenario ideas Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]