Prev: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:51:46 -0700
Subject: RE: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

The use of scatterguns implies that you have to be Kra'vak.  Fighters
are employed by all races.
The problem is that PDS and ADFC don't get good until you can
concentrate a bunch (i.e. 12 or more) in one place.  Spending 12 mass
per ship on something that may or may not show up can cripple your
fleet.	One solution are Aegis cruisers that mount 18 PDS and 2 ADFC,
that can cover two other ships plus themselves.  The downside again is
that you've devoted an entire cruiser to basically AF/AM defense.

As to your reference of a 10,000 point game, if building soap-bubble
carriers it would equate to 250+ squadrons of fighters.

--Binhan

<<SNIP>>
(2)  The scale of the battle.  Twenty fighters is far less impessive
over a
10,000 point battle than it is in a 1,000 point battle.  In the former,
it's
almost laughable... in the latter, it's indeed nearly unstoppable
without
bringing either scatterguns or a similar number of fighters.
<<SNIP>>