Prev: [ot] blue planet Next: Re: [FH] Another NAC breakaway and world maps

Re: [semi-OT, definitely TIC] US Collapse was: Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future history comments may arise.... ;))

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:27:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [semi-OT, definitely TIC] US Collapse was: Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future history comments may arise.... ;))

> mmm, IIRC decreased taxation led to larger
> government revenues?
> Recent history is not my forte, but isn't this what
> Kennedy and Reagan
> did?
> I grant that "unprecedented credit card debt" and
> "increased
> government spending" lead to problems.

You are correct, the DECREASE in taxation caused
a massive INCREASE in government revenue.   It was
irresponsible spending increases in the democrat
controlled congress that brought about the deficit.

Bye for now,
John L.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: [ot] blue planet Next: Re: [FH] Another NAC breakaway and world maps