Prev: Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs Next: Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs

Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:56:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs

At 11:32 AM -0600 2/4/03, Kevin Balentine wrote:
>I neglected to mention another huge holdup: The price of building an
>infrastructure capable of refueling fuel cell cars is expected to cost
>between $500,000 and $1 million per station, with the current
technology.

How much does a standard fuel station cost to build? Those massive
tanks that go under the ground can't be that cheap. Neither can all
of the certifications and inspections that accompany such equipment
(or it's installation).
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs Next: Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs