Prev: [FT] Fighters (AGAIN) was: Operational game Next: Re: [FT] Operational game

Re: [FT] Operational game

From: Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:57:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Operational game

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:
> >the question is "what factors would cause an
> >admiral to be unable to apply his full strength to
> a battle?"  It could be
> >as simple as having more ships than he can
> effectively control, but how do
> >you implement that?
>
> Roger suggested:
> >Time limit on order-writing. Whenever a player says
> "my orders are
> ready", everyone has to stop writing. I'm not even
> entirely joking.
>
> Works for me.  I'd been thinking "for squadrons of N
> ships, you may write
> orders as normal; ships in excess of N must write
> orders 1 turn (or more)
> in advance."

And if you're dealing with a big enough
operational/campaign game, you could combine the two
ideas:

Order phase:
1. Write orders as normal for up to N ships for this
turn.
2. Write orders for next turn for ships in excess of N
BUT:
3. Any ships in excess of N whose orders you wish to
write THIS turn, and any ships whose orders were
written LAST turn but you wish to change, are written
in a "RUSH ORDER" round, which begins on signal and
ends when any player declares "Ready"

=====
Qui me amat, amet et canis meum.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: [FT] Fighters (AGAIN) was: Operational game Next: Re: [FT] Operational game