Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: RE: [FT] Operational game

RE: [FT] Operational game

From: Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:14:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [FT] Operational game

--- "Robertson, Brendan"
<Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:

> Last I heard the playtest list was trying a few
> things out.  The problem
> with fighters is that they provide an exponential
> increase in effectiveness,
> not a linear increase which makes pointing them
> difficult in one-off games.

Yup, I remember the problem, I was wondering if a
solution had been arrived at.  I had some ideas for
making ship's weapons, particulary beam weapons, more
powerful against them, as well as increasing the
effedctiveness of PDS and ADFC.

> For my campaign rules, the cost of replacement
> pilots pushes the price of
> fighters up considerably, as 50% of losses result in
> losing the pilot; which
> BTW costs more than the fighters they fly.

Realistic.

=====
Qui me amat, amet et canis meum.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: RE: [FT] Operational game