Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Stupid Questions (for Jon or anyone else who knows)

Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:47:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

At 3:35 PM -0800 1/23/03, John Atkinson wrote:

>Here's the problem with the Posleen:  There are a LOT
>of non-LOS methods of taking out God-King floaters
>that would IRL mean that they would be more or less a
>nuisance, not a force capable of conquering most of
>the planet.

I get the impression that the God Kings are amazingly numerous. The
main problem is that the landings pretty much severed a large portion
of transport capability across the planet making ground transport
through certain areas and cutting off logistics to certain types of
munitions.

Still, the WAM is interesting in concept as an Anti-God King platform.

>SADARM submunitions and STAFF main battle tank rounds
>would also be hideously effective.

The problem with any possleen force is that they present a huge
direct fire threat to any unit near them that unmasks. The foot
troops that are armed with the mass drivers and other weapons tend to
make MBTs brew pretty fast under a large mass of fire.

>Mr. Ringo is an excellent writer, but he's an Light
>Infantryman of 20 years ago and doesn't really grok
>how the modern battlefield works.

Hmm, perhaps you could offer thoughts and ideas? I've been to several
sit down type book sign-ings with the guy and he's quite interesting
and personable. Very approachable.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Stupid Questions (for Jon or anyone else who knows)