Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

From: Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:53:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

--- John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> That's a lot of assets escorting it, though.
> Doesn't
> that give it away.

True, and even if the assets aren't more in number
than a standard platoon, the specialized nature of the
elements probably will.

> Easiest way to deal with AA?	Us US doctrine from
> Air-Land era.  VTOLs to strip out the AA in a
> specific
> corridor using GMS/Hs.  Then the attack aircraft
> have
> a clear shot.

DSII Rules even lend themselves to this.  I read more
closely, all GMS fired by a UNIT (Not a single
element) are layed out before ADS  is resolved.  ZADS
firecon is gonna degrade PDQ if 6-8 GMS/H's are coming
in, and even with a PDS backup, the law of averages
starts to weigh in on the side of the attacker.

> Of course, my commanders also lead from front at
> company level (and I do believe in companies from a
> unit cohesion standpoint).  Even my BN commanders
> are
> issued tanks and expected to be in them--let the XO
> run the TOC.	You can tell where they are--all other
> tanks are in 4s, these are singles or in pairs.

So do you have HR's to simulate this more intimate
style of leadership?

=====
Qui me amat, amet et canis meum.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question