Prev: RE: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:45:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Considering it's similar to all of the other figures
> on the table my
> opponent has to fight his way to it after making
> sure it's what it
> is. It tends to stay behind hill features or inside
> towns though.

That's a lot of assets escorting it, though.  Doesn't
that give it away.

> The biggest problem for them is the Airstrike from
> Aerospace craft.
> I've got a pretty good technique of stripping away
> AAA with repeated
> air strikes on opponent's AAA quicker than they can
> strip mine away.

Easiest way to deal with AA?  Us US doctrine from
Air-Land era.  VTOLs to strip out the AA in a specific
corridor using GMS/Hs.	Then the attack aircraft have
a clear shot.

> The 2nd Commander is required for Rallying. You
> can't rally with out
> the "Old Man" bitching out the Platoon Leader to get
> up to that 2nd
> phase line. Troops aren't likely to rally because
> the old man said so
> from a nice safe bunker 75 miles to the rear.

Of course, my commanders also lead from front at
company level (and I do believe in companies from a
unit cohesion standpoint).  Even my BN commanders are
issued tanks and expected to be in them--let the XO
run the TOC.  You can tell where they are--all other
tanks are in 4s, these are singles or in pairs.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question