Prev: Re: [OT] Maps Next: Re: [OT] Interesting Facts of Canadian Military Life

Re: [OT] Interesting Facts of Canadian Military Life

From: Morton Chalom <telson@a...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:49:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Interesting Facts of Canadian Military Life

>[Tomb] Glenn, you probably don't realize
>this, but at one point, we had more
>generals (flag rank people) per soldier (non-
>flag rank) than anyone else in NATO: 1 per
>1000 men in uniform.

Ohhh... so is Canada the "Major Power in the late 20th Century"
mentioned
by Heinlein in Starship Troopers when he refers to having so many
officers
that they wanted insignia to denote which were Line Officers?

I have often wondered what was the story behind that.

--Morton

Prev: Re: [OT] Maps Next: Re: [OT] Interesting Facts of Canadian Military Life