Prev: QX [Was: Bravo Zulu] Next: Re: QX

Re: Virginia Heinlein

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:15:07 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Virginia Heinlein

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 18:03:35 +1100 Alan and Carmel Brain
<aebrain@webone.com.au> wrote:
> From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

>> I know most of us here are fans of Heinlein, and I just found out
that his widow, Virginia Heinlein, passed away this morning.

>> May they enjoy travelling in Elephants together. <<

> Good on ya John. The favourite story of both Carmel and Myself. Your
sentiment is shared. <

Indeed. I shall be interested to see any obituaries or tributes that
come out, because there was a certain sector of fandom who held "Ginny"
responsible for all Heinlein's supposed sins, right back to the days of
Starship Troopers. Knowing virtually nothing about their relationship,
I couldn't even dare to venture an opinion, even if I was so inclined,
but I shall be intrigued to see what everyone else has to say...

Phil, a Heinlein fan from way back...
----
"We gotta get out into Space / If it's the last thing we ever do!"
   -- Return to the Forbidden Planet
A sentiment echoed by Phil Atcliffe (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: QX [Was: Bravo Zulu] Next: Re: QX