Prev: Re: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu Next: [OT] HTML, was Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:56:01 +1100
Subject: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

From: "Mark A. Siefer" <siefertma@wi.rr.com>

> All I'm using is Front Page Express for my HTML work.

Speaking as a professional software designer of 20+ years experience...

Front Page Express does not produce HTML - or at least, not valid HTML.
It produces an approximation that will work with many, but not all,
variants of Microsoft browsers, and not with browsers that understand
valid HTML.

OTOH it's very good inasmuch as it's probably the easiest tool to use.
If only it produced good HTML as the result, it would deserve to have
the greatest market share. As it is, it is an Abomination.

OK, so what would I suggest as a replacement?
Try http://www.coffeecup.com

Quote:
CoffeeCup HTML Editor
Winner - 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Peoples Choice - Best HTML Editor
The Most Popular HTML Editor on the Planet !

It's *not* as easy to use as Front Page Express. But stuff produced by
it
is understandable by just about any browser on the planet, e.g. Netscape
4.x,
, Netscape 6.x, Mosaic, Opera, Konquerer, IE3, IE4, IE5, IE6....

Prev: Re: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu Next: [OT] HTML, was Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03