Prev: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

Re: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:16:08 EST
Subject: Re: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

In a message dated 1/16/03 10:36:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aebrain@webone.com.au writes:

> >Is nothing classified anymore???
> >
> >And the drop in level of classification is enough to make you break
out
> >in a sweat.	Hell, they even let them publish stuff about the fringes
of
> >compartmentalization.
>
> Do a Google on "Allied Tactical Publication".
> About 1/20 of the entries are in Cyrillic.
>
> So I guess that someone figured out that since the opposition already
> knew about this stuff, there was no point in keeping it so highly
> classified that handling it was a chore.

Without going into detail, one section of the ATP was printed on a
different
color paper, blue as I recall. These pages were also of the not so
really
classified category. However these pages were specifically for use
between
ships of the USN and the USSR. So the existence of the ATP wasn't a
secret,
just its contents. And those were a pretty open secret since just about
everyone who had to work in Combat, CIC to you gropos :-), had to have
access
to it.

John Rebori ETN2 (Discharged)
USN 1976 - 1982
ex-USS Pegasus PHM-1

Prev: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03