Prev: Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:07:07 PST
Subject: Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

Official answer from work.

"No, just because you see it published does not mean you may comment on
it at all."

Hence if a classified document is published (never happens of course) in
the open press you are to say "I can neither confirm or deny..."

Same thing for sensitive materials even if declassified.

And as for Op Sec (operational security - the thing kept the military to
tell Defense Mapping about Grenada until 24-72 hours before hand - "You
don't have maps of Grenada!?!?!") it can turn the mundane in to chaos if
for SBU facts like stock levels or existence of maps.  Ever seen a grid
on a tourist map?  Sad, almost pathetic.

During Desert Storm it was reported in the media (no comment of course
by
me) that people could tell how active the pace of preparation was by the
number of pizza and Chinese food deliveries at the Pentagon.

All the above is certainly hypothetical.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:29:06 +1100 "Alan and Carmel Brain"
<aebrain@webone.com.au> writes:
>From: "Glenn M Wilson" <triphibious@juno.com>
>
>> Is nothing classified anymore???
>>
>> And the drop in level of classification is enough to make you break
>out
>> in a sweat.	Hell, they even let them publish stuff about the
>fringes of
>> compartmentalization.
>
>Do a Google on "Allied Tactical Publication".
>About 1/20 of the entries are in Cyrillic.
>
>So I guess that someone figured out that since the opposition already
>knew about this stuff, there was no point in keeping it so highly
>classified that handling it was a chore.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03